'The' Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Raghu Romeo

Just saw Raghu Romeo. Heard of this movie ? Seen it anyone ?
*ing : Vijay Raaz, Sadia Siddiqui, Maria Goretti, Saurabh Shukla
Raghu Romeo was a small budget film made in 2003. It had a quiet release , showed in a few halls and then was forgotten. I wanted to see it then .. but it was not showing at any hall near me .. so I didn't see it. Some days back ... a freind got me this movie on an original Video CD .. saying that this was a shitty movie. I took it from him .. and saw it after a few days. Turned out that the movie kicked major butt. I mean from the acting to the plot .. everything was really good. Very original story (Atleast I have not seen anything on the same lines before).. and good acting by Vijay Raaz and Sadia Siddiqui. Anyone who loves watching different and closer to reality movies (as in ... little of masala .. pretty much like Ram Gopal Verma films) .. this is definitely a movie to watch.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Visit the official Raghu Romeo Web site.
Here is something from this web site :

Why should one go and see Raghu Romeo?

Good question....
and a tough one to answer.

When there are so many things asking for your attention- besides work and spouse and children and commuting - just in entertainment terms, there are enough options at home. There is television for practically no money, or you could hire a dvd from a neighbourhood library or browse the internet for 10 bucks an hour - then why pay 100 bucks a ticket and go and watch Raghu Romeo - especially when there are other blockbusters running - guaranteed value for money kind of blockbusters with stars and all that...

Well- I told you it was a tough question for me to crack!
I don't know really-
but you must not watch Raghu Romeo because you have heard somewhere that the director raised the money on the internet and that sounds like an innovative way of collecting funds.

You must not watch Raghu Romeo because it has been to 15 film festivals all over the world.
You must not watch Raghu Romeo because you liked Rajat Kapoor in Dil Chahta Hai!
You must not watch Raghu Romeo because the critics tell you it is a very good film.
You must not watch Raghu Romeo because you want to support independent cinema!

No! Dont watch it for any of these wrong reasons.

Watch it because it is fun.
Watch it because it might move you, it might touch you, it most definitely will make you laugh.
Watch it because it is a film about the crazy times we live in, because it is a film about us - real people.
Watch it because it is about love.
Watch it because of the sterling performances of the actors, for the camerawork, for the art direction.
Watch it for its raw energy, for its way of looking.
Watch it because it has an original voice.
Watch it because you might find that a film can have a soul.
And most definitely watch it because your neighbour tells you that she saw it and she loved it!

Rajat Kapoor


-----

And I totally echo his sentiments .. it is more like I could have said all this myself ... and the same for any movie .... he becomes my fav director after Ram Gopal Verma.
And for anyone who has seen this movie and liked it .. I think there could not have been a better ending to the movie.
For anyone who has seen the movie and didn't like it .. tell me why .
I loved the movie.