'The' Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2005

The past two days

I have been very busy these two days to blog. Came back after my last paper and wrote the last post. Then went off to see an old school freind who has come from Pune. Spent the evening with him , and then came back home. Burned some CD's and then off to the hostel for DP (Daru party).
This time it was really fun. This time it was the maximum we had ever drunk. We went out to get a bottle of whisky (750ml) and a beer , but due to the unavailablity of beer , we bought a litre of RC for the four of us. This was the maximum I had ever drunk.And I was like really DRUNK. But it was fun.
Started off with a Patiyala + Ludhiyana (read really large) peg , and some rock. Finally when we ended , we were all lying on the floor and screaming. A couldn't stop laughing , and J became all serious. I was quiet as usual.
But unlike other times , we were over drunk. So much so , that for the first time , I had troubles walking straight. We were so drunk that we couldn't go to our favorite after-drink-peeing spot. So we just lied there. G went off to some one elses room and slept. J and A went off to sleep too. But I just couldn't sleep. This was due to the heat and those darned mosquitoes (I'll write a full post about them someday). Now I am pretty used to sleeping in the comforts of my home , AC and all. This was like hell. So I went out on a walk at 2 in the night. But my head was still heavy. So I decided to lie down in my car. But suddenly a thought struck my mind .. I could drive home , since I had the keys to the main door. So I took off for home. The guard at the gate asked me if I intended to come back , since we are not allowed inside the college at odd times. I said no and drove home.
Reached home safely , driving a bit slower.Outside the door , I realized that my father also bolts the door from inside , and it was like shit. I couldn't go back to the hostel , couldn't go home , nowhere else , I was in big crap. I decided to sleep in the car. But that has other problems attached to it. If I were to be seen by my grandfather sleeping in my car (since he wakes up at 4 in the morning) .. it would have meant really huge pile of dinosaur shit. So I decided to be brave and ring up and wake up my father (since my mother was not here). After waking him up I realized I must be smelling of alcohol. And this was like really big shit .. Shit shit shit. Where are the dinosaurs when you want them to eat you up ? but I had little time to think .. my father was already opening the door .. and I was like really really scared. I knew he wouldn't say anything .. but still .. anyways .. my father opened the door .. I went behind a few steps to avoid his sensitive nose. I said sorry for bothering him so late in the night and told him to go away to sleep .. and that I'd lock the door. And to my surprise .. he did. Seeing him enter his room .. I entered the house. Phew ... close.
The next day .. I woke up to find that my AC was at it's highest intensity and I was shivering. In the bathroom I discovered an open toothpaste .. I had forgotten to close it the night before. But what surprised me was that my father didn't wake me .. didn't even come to switch off the AC .. When I woke up , he had already left for his office. I was kinda scared that he actually did smell the alcohol and dind't say anything. But later the maid told me that he decided not to wake me up as I had slept late. Thank god.
After that some freind dropped by and then I left for Ambala in the afternoon. For the first time without my father .. which meant that I could drive at my speed. I found out that my car could run at 140 km/hr.
Came back today with mom and brother. And then I played badminton after ages today. All my body is paining .. but the two days after my exams have been good.
Seems like I'll enjoy a lot in these holidays.