'The' Blog

Friday, June 17, 2005

New Post

Update : (Sorry I am pretty blank to think of any other method to start this post)

Another close , crappy marriage coming up. This will not be as big an affair as some of the previous marriages I attended , since this is on my fathers side and these people do not have much money. Also this means that there will be no liquor :( .
These relaties came over to discuss some matters with my parents and I had to sit along yesterday. And again I get this sick feeling about marriage ceremonies. I mean .. get a load of this ... my mother and my aunt were discussing the ceremonies and to my surprise none was sure of the right way a particular ceremony is held. So they called up some old people to ask about the crap and then made sure of the ceremonies that have to take place. I happened to ask about the need for these ceremonies when nobody was sure about them .... "Everything should go according to customs. You don't know .. people tend to cath the smallest flaw in these ceremonies" .. fuck the ceremonies and fuck the people.
So this will be another 4-5 days of hell for me.

----

I have been thinking lately the importance of piracy in my life. Pirated books , movies, software, music and loads of other stuff. Where would I be without piracy ?
I went to the mother of all piracy markets - Palika Bazaar, the day before. And you have to go there yourself to believe it. That is one place that has all the pirated techno stuff under one roof. And the way that market has developed is amazing .. these people have educated themselves with the time. So when I go there and tell them to give me an AC/DC CD , they don't look blank, they don't look surprised ... they just take out the CD from their vast collections. And they also have all kinds of posters .. high quality ones ... football and rock .. and rock means serious rock and metal stuff like Pantera and slipknot (some of them still think that Britney and Backstreet boys do rock ... but that'll pass too ..). And then there were good quality football jerseys (though I hate wearing one .. but some freind was interested) , concert videos and all kinds of techno stuff like MP3 players , 4.1/5.1 speaker systems and other things. And to my surprise I even saw something that looked like a dildo .. though I could be wrong .. but I seriously don't think I am. Now dildos ain't a very big thing .. but considering that this is India .. well .. I dunno ... maybe I am not updated with the latest.

----

In other things .. I happen to turn 20 tomorrow (Ya ya .. thanks and all that) .. which means that I'll be recieving a lot of cards and other such worthless stuff. Now what I hate about cards is that they do not serve any purpose ... why send a card ?.. why don't you send me those 20 bucks instead .. at least I'll collect all the card money , have some beer and thank you in my heart. But cards ... are such meaingless stuff. Only people that benifit out these cards are the super big thieves that work at the international level under the name of Archies . They print meaningless stuff on a paper and sell it. People go out buying them and then they gift it to someone. Now what I don't understand is .. what do I do with these cards after I have read them once ? I have seen people collecting cards gifted to them ... but what for ? I find them a totally useless thing. And same for other Archie stuff. Photo frames and other crappy stuff you can fill your table top with .. pretty useless .. so I generally go for the "cash" option whenever some sensible person chooses to ask me what I want for my birthday.