'The' Blog

Friday, July 15, 2005

Where have I been ?

Its been some time since I last posted. I was not very busy , just that the thought of leaving blogging had come to my mind again. Why ? I dunno ...... like a friend said : "There's so much i have to do in life...if i ever do it,then there will be something to write about.right now i am saturated with it." But like always ... I talked myself into it again ...
So ... what do I write in this post ?

It has pretty much been a boring week. First there was this super crappy marrriage. Crappy by all standards. Lousy food , no chicken .. and no Daru. How useless can a marriage get ? And it was so fucking hot ... I was half drowned in sweat by the time I reached the AC hall inside. At last it ended .. and I came back to Delhi.

I saw this movie called 'Eyes wide shut'. Remember ? Stanley Kubriks last movie ? The one with loads of sex in it ... Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise ... , so I saw it ... and couldn't make heads or tails of it .... it ended so suddenly .. had I not seen the casting .. I would have never believed that the movie was complete. Well .. there are some things that are made for the really intelligent beings .. with everything having meanings in layers. I can't really bother to even think for their meaning ... the reason I used to really like Govinda type movies ... no brain required to see them ... and even if you start seeing them 1.5 hrs after the movie started ... you'll understand every bit of the movie ... and there is plenty of laughter.
I also saw Shawshank Redemption ... amazing movie.

I started with a Grisham (The Partner).

Umm... what else ..
Ya ... got drinking again yesterday. And while at the peak of the high ... I had the following conversation with one of my friend (three of us were there) :
N : "You remember I told you about this professor who became schizophrenic ?"
Me : "Ya"
N : "You know who he is ?"
Me : "No"
N : "He is my dad."
( And then he began to cry. And believe me ... I was stunned ... I didn't know what to say for some time. )
N : "You know ... everybody used to laugh at him. They used to make fun of him .. and laughed at me too. I got admission in the same university he taught .. and used to attend his each class ... I was the only one .. alone .. I sent my mother and siblings away. I used to keep awake with him for all those nights .. and used to talk to him. Only I know how I got through those two years. But I am not crying because I feel weak. It's just that when I remember those two years ..."
Me : (Knowing that its no use sympathising with him) "How is he now ?"
N : "He is ok now. You know why I came into engineering ? Somebody told my father that I would become no one .. a failiure. I decided that day ... and so I left that course mid-way. These tears only make me more determined." (Long Pause) "And people ask me why do I keep so alone .."

You know you had to be there to realize the magnitude of pain flowing through the surrounding space. Even I felt like crying ..