'The' Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2005

And more

Then he said, "I like cigarettes, Miss Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind—and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."
-- Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)
Well ... that quote in that book was kinda out of place ... you see ... while Ayn Rand in a way glorified independence of man , the state one is no longer dependent on any other ... she glorified the dependence on a cigarette .... why ? Coz she was a chain smoker. She still lived to be 94 though . The lines were good , anyways ....
The basic point in starting this post like this is that I started smoking. I always was facinated by it .... only recently I gave in finally ... not that I regret it ... but yes .. sometimes I do ...
It all started with me being drunk and trying a drag ... then some time later .. I smoked a full cigarette , just to know what it felt like ... and then I understood why so many people smoked .. and I started with it too ...
I really do not feel regret .... no that is not the right word ... I just feel kinda sad that I gave in to a dependency ...
But lets leave it at that ....

---------

I saw Sarkar ... awsome movie ... and finger to anyone who says it even resembles Godfather . The reason I didn't watch Sarkar earlier was coz of the comparison to Godfather. But it was so completely different and so fucking awsome. Godfather , I think is overrated though ...
And I saw My Wife's Murder .... strictly average movie. But Boman Irani , as always ... stands out ... he is one class act .

What else ?
College is completely boring ... and I long for holidays again (and it was the other way round in the holidays).
Eldest , second book of inheritence is out ... and I finally ordered the book at a price of Rs.611 ...

Ummm.... everything else that I had intended to write has simply vanished from my mind ... so ... that'll be it.